jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] allowing chroot-jailed users to change password

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] allowing chroot-jailed users to change password
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 07:12:10 +0200

On 05/30/2011 06:27 AM, Mike Edmister wrote:
Hello everybody...

I thought at one point I had this working (the ability to run passwd as
a user in the jail,)
but now I get an error message:

passwd: Authentication token manipulation error
passwd: password unchanged

Is there some easy solution to allowing password changes by these users,
or was I perhaps deluded in thinking that this used to work?

because the shadow file is on the real system and not in the jail this is difficult. A possible solution is to store the passwords somewhere else, for example in ldap.

Olivier
--
Bluefish website http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/
Blog http://oli4444.wordpress.com/