jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Example jk_init.ini for Centos? (64 bit)

From: E.B.
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Example jk_init.ini for Centos? (64 bit)
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 21:05:13 -0700

> > Does anyone have recommended changes to jk_init.ini that
> > work for redhat environment like 64 bit Centos 7?
> >
> > FYI unchanged jk_init.ini WORKS for adding a jail with extshellplusnet
> > except logging in ssh there was a complaint about missing command
> > "id" so I added /usr/bin/id to the path for [uidbasics]
> >
> > So the basics work as is with one addition. But there is a note in
> > jk_init.ini that the [uidbasics] section probably need modifiing for
> > 64 bit system. And I think the paths listed for libnsl.so and libnss
> > are not correct for Centos (they are in /usr/lib64) **What commands
> > can I run to verify that these are broken for me until I fix them?**
>

> jk_init is just an automatic way for jk_cp.
>
> so if jk_cp -j /jail  /usr/lib64 /libnss*.so fix a broken jail, then you
> can safely add that to jk_init

I understand that. My question is more wondering if anyperson have a
good example of any changes they make for CentOS/RH compatibile
of the standard ini files?

Also, I didn't try to track down the cause but libnsl and libnss got into
my jail even though I don't see the path listed in the default jk_init.ini
file and I didn't copy them by hands. That's nice and explains why jail
is working out of the box no changes to ini file.

But question still wondering----???