jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] jailkit still active?

From: Ryan Wexler
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] jailkit still active?
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2018 12:42:44 -0700

Thanks for replies.

Jailkit has worked great for me in the past and I tend to not want to change something that works.  Mostly I just want to make sure the security from the jailkit is still sound.

I have nearly no experience and knowledge of the container movement.  My general impression is that it seems a bit heavier of a model in a tech environment where we are increasingly using smaller machines or VMs.

On Sat, Jun 2, 2018 at 1:01 AM, Olivier Sessink <address@hidden> wrote:
On 02-06-18 00:45, Ryan Wexler wrote:
> I am upgrading and migrating some servers which used Jailkit.  I will
> be going to  centos 7 systems.
>
> Is the jailkit software still functional and good ?  Just checking
> because I don't see a lot of activity on the site and I am wondering
> if the lack of activity is an indication that something else replaced
> it or ?

it is still maintained, and still functional, however there is little
new development.

In some ways containers like docker replace jails, but you cannot really
compare the two techniques.

Olivier

--
Bluefish website http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/