jason-dev

[Jason-dev] spider activism

From: Caroline Lee
Subject: [Jason-dev] spider activism
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:08:51 -0700

Shelley has died in his bed, which is perhaps more than hedeserved. She sat nearly opposite to me, and I could watch her withoutstaring. This was probably a sentence from one of Folliots silly books ofreminiscences.
And yet brazen was not quite theword, for it implies self-consciousness. He was never much out of my mind, andthe reports from him were cheering.
He had begun to bore people,for the war had created a mood unfavourable to his antique gossip.
Molliehad called her Corrie, and the name fitted her.
He treated her shamefully after the Arabin tradition.
Molliehad called her Corrie, and the name fitted her.
I took him to dine at the Thursday Club, which had just beenstarted.
I must think it all out again from thebeginning. The thing was purely physical, for I found I couldthink quite clearly and sanely. Ihope youve the right kind of bath salts, Mollie, or Ill be oncrutches to-morrow. Im trying to find a beastly Greek islet, I said.
But there was one girl who caught and held my eyes. If you play the fool you may haveindifferent health for the rest of your days.
You see, we neither of us got better very quickly. She had the air of being bored with her company.
Only her laugh was ugly, as ifit were a forced thing. The vocalpeople were apt to be damaged sensitives, who were scarcely typicalof the average man. Youll find heaps, Corrie dear,Mollie Nantley said, in the box behind you.
Tom had to get up and read the Riot Act in thesmall hours. But Vernon was a hard fellow todrive against his will. Vernon, talking idly to Tom Nantley, suddenly found himselfaddressed. I was so glad to see Colonel Milburne again.
Ihave noticed the same thing in other cases of head wounds. Shelley has died in his bed, which is perhaps more than hedeserved.
I suppose he had beenthere, for he had been everywhere. He carried Swinburne and Beaudelaire astage further.
Her manner seemed to alternate between an almost hoydenishvivacity and complete abstraction. You would have laughed if you could have seen the way I spent mytime. Confound that girl, shehas probably gone to sleep in her bath. Ihope youve the right kind of bath salts, Mollie, or Ill be oncrutches to-morrow.
Oh, she has had one kind of success, but not the best kind. But there was acertain quality, too, which under happier circumstances might havemade them great. Butfor the present I had to put all that aside and think only ofgetting well. But that has all gone, andI am back in the fog.
But, Ned dear, you ought to get him to go about more, forhes really a little old-maidish. Shelley never invitedme, but if I had arrived he could scarcely have turned me away.