jbackpack-discussion

[Jbackpack-discussion] How to do full system restore from Jbackpack back

From: Advrk Aplmrkt
Subject: [Jbackpack-discussion] How to do full system restore from Jbackpack backup?
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 00:35:10 +0100

Hello,
Jbackpack looks like the perfect system backup solution for my needs,
but would like to clarify the following:
(1) Suppose I make regular, incremental backups of my entire Linux
system (i.e. everything in "/") on machine A to an external hard
drive.
(2) A few years later, I buy a new computer, e.g. machine B, that is
empty with no partitioning nor operating system.
(3) How do I restore the complete backup I did of machine A onto the
new machine B? Also, since the hardware is totally different on
machine B, will my system work "out of the box" after being restored
onto machine B? Are there any issues I need to be aware of?
Thanks, and I look forward to your answers.