jessie-discuss

[Jessie-discuss] Compression failed with fix.

From: Cedric Hyppolite
Subject: [Jessie-discuss] Compression failed with fix.
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 10:00:54 +0100

Hi,

I got the error using compression with Jessie 1.0.1 (and using a certificate with RSA keys -don't know if this impacts the behaviour of compression).

The exception is :
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: compression failed
at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.GNUSecurityParameters.encrypt (GNUSecurityParameters.java:387) at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.RecordOutputStream.write (RecordOutputStream.java:126) at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.SSLSocketOutputStream.write (SSLSocketOutputStream.java:104) at org.metastatic.jessie.provider.SSLSocketOutputStream.write (SSLSocketOutputStream.java:90)

The calling function is :

byte[] fragment = params.encrypt (ZERO, 0, 0, type); // ZERO is a byte[0]

And the exception is thrown by:
----
if (deflater.deflate(JZlib.Z_SYNC_FLUSH) != JZlib.Z_OK) <<<<<<<-----
          {
            throw new SSLException("compression failed");
          }
 ----

I fixed this issue by taking the GNUSecurityParameters class from classpath 0.92 and fixing the few differences (package name, constructor call with SSLSession param, and GNUCrypto import differences).

With this fix, the compression works :-)

The dependency on jzlib can be cleanup since the java.util.zip is used instead.

Hope this helps,
Cedric