koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Reports engine

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Reports engine
Date: Tue Jul 15 09:46:01 2003

Trevor Jenkins <address@hidden> wrote:
> The use of Java isn't so bad. [...]

Use of Java is troublesome, as I think few Koha systems have JREs installed
and even then, there is the question of what to target, as I suspect not
many of them will work nicely with GNU Classpath yet.

I think Kylix is as bad, as you need proprietary runtime libs.

Care to give a list of the CPAN ones, so someone can start reviewing?
Then again, this is 2.1 talk and 2.0 isn't out yet.
      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://address@hidden
Thought: Edwin A Abbott wrote about trouble with Windows in 1884