koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Database structure, some cleaning

From: Chris Cormack
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Database structure, some cleaning
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 01:40:07 +1200

On 9/08/2007, at 1:33 AM, Paul POULAIN wrote:

Hello world,

I have reviewed the DB schema :

***** QUESTIONS ******

accountoffsets :
=========
The accountoffsets table seems to be filled sometimes (C4/Circ.pm, line 1399 for example), but I see only some INSERT.
It is SELECTEd or UPDATEd nowhere in the code
On all my user database, this table is empty.

So : can we remove the accountoffsets table & the code refering to it ???

What we need to do is start using it.
accountoffsets is where we should store payments, accountlines where we should store charges. So you can offset a charge with a payment, (or a writeoff) that should be stored in accountoffsets.

aqorderdelivery :
==========
the table is never filled by anyone, but used in acquisition_stats.pl under certain circumstances. I think acquisition_stats is buggy here, and we can remove the table

Yes, this isnt being filled by anthing.

categorytable :
==========
this table is filled by admin/itemtypecategory.pl script, commited by genjimoto on 2005-05-02, but we do nothing with this table.
So I propose we remove the table and the script.

I concur

mediatype :
==========
This table is filled by admin/mediatype.pl script, commited by genjimoto on 2005-05-02, but we do nothing with this table.
So I propose we remove the table and the script.

Again I agree

subcategorytable :
===========
this table is filled by admin/itemtypesubcategory.pl script, commited by genjimoto on 2005-05-02, but we do nothing with this table.
So I propose we remove the table and the script.

And once again I agree

******* ALREADY DONE ***********
just to let you know, but i'm 99.99% sure of what has to be done, so I did it already.

aqorderbreakdown :
=============
the branchcode, linenumber and allocation rows are never used. I've removed them from default structure.

auth_subfield_table, marc_biblio, marc_blob_subfield, marc_subfield_table, :
=============
useless in koha 3.0, will be important for libraries migrating from 22 to 3.0, but not for a fresh install.
table removed from default structure.

biblioanalysis, uploadedmarc, charges, itemsprice, sessionqueries, users, borexp, borrowers_to_borrowers, catalogueentry, marcrecorddone, websites, z3950queue, z3950results :
=========
Tables not used in 3.0, removed from default structure. It can either be a koha 1.0 table that is useless, sometimes since years, or a test table.

Cool

Chris

--
Chris Cormack                            address@hidden