koha-win32

[Koha-win32] Updated W32 Installs for Koha now available

From: robweir
Subject: [Koha-win32] Updated W32 Installs for Koha now available
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 23:54:42 -0400

Updated install packages are now available for installing Koha on a Windows
platform. These installs have been tested on Windows 98, NT, 2000, and XP.
Visit the KohaOnWindows section of the Koha wiki at
http://www.saas.nsw.edu.au/wiki/index.php?page=KohaOnWindows for download
links and several pages of information and instructions for installing and
running Koha on Windows.

An install is available for Koha V2.0.0pre1 as well as an updated install
for Koha V1.2.3. Both of these installs now include the latest versions of
all required Perl modules for both Active State Perl V5.6.x and V5.8.x. In
addition, both installs have been tested and tweaked to run with either
MySQL V3 or the new MySQL V4. Both installs include both a set of sample
data and a set of blank data (these aren't perfect - they need some work).
Note that you must download and install the Apache Webserver, MySQL
database, and Active State Perl as pre-requisites before running these Koha
installs, but that download links and full instructions are given at the
above mentioned wiki pages.

It is now possible to install more than one version of Koha on the same
Windows machine and a small utility is included to switch the default
version. This can be useful for evaluating different versions or for
switching to a development version to help the debugging effort.

I would welcome suggestions for how to improve these installs for future
versions. I would also greatly appreciate if someone could contribute a
better set of sample data to include in future installs. Or perhaps someone
could clean up and fix up the current set of sample data and then send me a
copy.

Please address any suggestions or questions to
address@hidden

Rob