koha-win32

Re: [Koha-win32] Install on IIS / MS-SQL Server / W2K ?

From: robweir
Subject: Re: [Koha-win32] Install on IIS / MS-SQL Server / W2K ?
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:32:29 -0500

Hi Jeff:
I would strongly advise against installing on the server at work or on any
other production machine! Koha is still under development and the installs,
especially the ones for windows, are intended for people with a sense of
adventure and desire to help the development process by running them on a
TEST machine where the possible bugs won't break a production server or
program.

The windows install requires functional installs of apache web server, MySQL
database and Perl. Thoese installs would constitute MAJOR changes for a box
that is running IIS and SQLServer. And I'm sure you should not get into
trying to reconfigure Koha to run on IIS and SQLserver. No way, no way, no
way would I attempt an install on the server at work!!! Your MIS person
would never forgive you!

If you have a linux box at home, I would go that route. You will find far
more support on the koha lists for running koha on linux. There are only a
couple of us users who don't know linux and are foolish enough to be trying
to use windows.

Rob