koha-win32

Re: [Koha-win32] Error 500 - help!

From: robweir
Subject: Re: [Koha-win32] Error 500 - help!
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 13:15:10 -0500

Hi Partha:
To access the intranet (librarian) module from a network workstation, you
need to add a couple lines to the lmhosts file on that workstation to
provide name resolution. The windows install package configures the apache
webserver to use two name-based virtual hosts called "opac" and "intranet".
Find the IP address of your dlis 1 server and then add the following two
lines to your lmhosts file on each of your workstaions. For this example, if
the IP is 192.168.10.10, then add the following two lines:

192.168.10.10    opac        #pre
192.168.10.10    intranet    #pre

Save the file and reboot and you should then be able to access both modules.
See the KohaWinTroubleshoot page on the Koha wiki at
http://www.saas.nsw.edu.au/wiki/index.php?page=KohaWinTroubleshoot for some
additional help and links to documentation about apache virtual hosts and
windows lmhosts files.

In the cataloguing module, I think you can access the higher number pages by
using the search field and doing a search for the numbers you want to
change.

Hope this helps.

Rob