koha-win32

[Koha-win32] Nice work on the Installer

From: Russel Garlick
Subject: [Koha-win32] Nice work on the Installer
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:19:41 +1200

Hi everyone,

I work with Rachel and Chris at Katipo in Wellington, NZ.

Rachel and I just got back from the LIANZA (Library and Information Association of New Zealand Aotearoa) conference in Auckland.

We were doing free Koha installs for anyone who rocked up with a computer. We did a total of 18 installs over 3 days which kept us really busy! 5 of these installs where on windows boxes.

I just wanted to say that the installer worked a treat on XP and Win 2000 (luckly I didn't have to try any Win 98 installs). I am a complete non techy type and it only took me 10 mins to get it up and running on people's pcs.

Well done to whoever wrote the installer and the docs on the wiki.

Cheers
--

Russel Garlick
Operations Manager