koha-win32

Re: [Koha-win32] (no subject) barcodes

From: Stephen Hedges
Subject: Re: [Koha-win32] (no subject) barcodes
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 06:53:44 -0500 (EST)

Nelsonville Library uses a lot of pre-printed barcodes, and so long as the
scanner and your workstation are configured correctly, they work just
fine.  Koha does not deal with barcode-reading -- that's done by your
workstation and passed to Koha (or any other application) as if someone
had typed it in on the keyboard.

Nelsonville happens to use Codabar for books and Interleaved 2-of-5 for
borrowers.  The scanners are programmed to read those two symbologies and
pass the numbers to the workstation/browser.  The only thing Koha gets
from the browser are the numbers.

Stephen