koha-win32

[Koha-win32] Regarding a Windows installation of Koha

From: Nehdia Sameen
Subject: [Koha-win32] Regarding a Windows installation of Koha
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:19:11 +0500

Hello all,

I'm a web developer at the Health Services Academy, a school of public health under the Ministry of Health, Government of Pakistan. We're thinking of using Koha to manage our library portal, whose OPAC we'd like accessible over the Internet. Although our actual web server hosted with our ISP is Linux/Unix-based, for training and testing purposes, we'd like to install Koha on a few Windows XP machines.

Well, the hard part is over. I installed Apache 2.2.3, ActivePerl 5.8.8, MySQL 5, Koha 2.2.4 (using the MSI installer file from the website) and configured virtual hosts manually and got both the opac and intranet interfaces up and running. However, Koha is behaving strangely. I configured it to use the sample224 database, which clearly has records as shown in MySQL. However, when I search for records using Koha, it finds the records, but shows no text for them! So basically I get a list of empty records. The number of records found is always correct and matches what I see in MySQL, but the actual book titles, etc., do not show up in the listed records in the browser window. I've uploaded some screenshots to the webpage below in case anyone is interested in having a look:
http://www.hsa.edu.pk/kohaproblems.html

Am I making some really obvious, silly mistake?

The other thing is that the default template on the Windows build of Koha looks quite unattractive, nothing like the slick templates I saw in the online demos. How can we create our own templates? We're using Joomla! on the back-end of our website ( http://www.hsa.edu.pk/), so would it be possible to integrate Koha with Joomla! at this stage? Is there a Koha extension for Joomla! available or under development?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks very much for your assistance!

Regards,
Nehdia Sameen
Web Developer
Health Services Academy
Ministry of Health, Government of Pakistan