koha-win32

[Koha-win32] KOHA-Win32 Intranet problem - MARC Import - No ISBN not imp

From: David Whelchel
Subject: [Koha-win32] KOHA-Win32 Intranet problem - MARC Import - No ISBN not imported to the reservoir
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 19:01:09 -0800

Hi Rob and list,

I have KOHA 2.2.7 using the generic win-32 setup from Rob's pages up and running on windows 2003. I am very happy with the implementation and KOHA does a great job for what I want to accomplish. With Rob's help I was able to get the Z39.50 script to work. But I have two more issues (should I be sending separate notes for each issue?)

1) the first problem is with the MARC Import process. I generally grab the MARC Unicode UTF-8 string from the library of congress catalog. I then paste this into a file and use the MARC Import function from the KOHA intranet. For MARC records with ISBN number this works 99% of the time. For records that do not have ISBN numbers I have about a 25% success rate. The message says the there is an error in the marc tag  or you don't have an ISBN/ISSN number. Well many of the books are old and do not have an ISBN.

2) the second problem occurs when editing a MARC record. If I want to add an ISBN variant on MARC 020 I click on the +- button. I receive an Error on page. The details show this message:

   Line: 255
   Char: 1
   Error: Could not get the type property. This command is not supported
   Code: 0

Attempts to add various other MARC fields show different line numbers but the result is the same (with the exceptions of filed 856u).

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

David L. Whelchel
D. L. Whelchel & Associates