Re: Mach emulation

From: OKUJI Yoshinori
Subject: Re: Mach emulation
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 13:45:48 +0900

From: Farid Hajji <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 03:38:16 +0100

> begin_provocative_statement();
>   The main difficulty I'm seeing here, is that most of us already know
>   too much of the Hurd source code, being biased towards the existing
>   implementation. It's relatively hard to step back, and throw all the
>   familiar code/features/functions overboard and restart thinking about
>   what the Hurd is _really_ about. It may seem paradox, but IMO we need
>   people knowing what the Hurd is able to do and how the servers are
>   supposed to interact, but not being involved too much with the actual
>   source code of the more "obscure" parts of it like libports.
> end_provocative_statement();

  That's not provocative (at least for me). I agree with you. But the
part "most of us already know too much of the Hurd source code" is
wrong. IMO, most of you know little about Hurd, because you haven't be
involved in the core development in reality.

  However, it is not a bad thing that you don't know much about
something at the moment. You just need to study it.

Okuji