Re: URL of RTEMS (pthreads and other useful code)

From: Ognyan Kulev
Subject: Re: URL of RTEMS (pthreads and other useful code)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 19:35:22 +0200

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 04:18:38AM +0100, Johan Rydberg wrote:
> Shouldn't it be up to the micro-kernel to supply a thread library?

We need pthread library.  Unfortunately none of the micro-kernels we try
to work with (GNUMach & L4 family) doesn't seem to have it.

GNUMach have cthreads.  I don't investigate L4 family but surely it have
some library but != pthreads.

In my understanding we need pthreads because (1) they are open
widely-accepted standard so our Hurd servers will be too (2) it is a rich
library.

--
Ognyan Kulev <address@hidden>, "\"Programmer\""