Re: Hazelnut compilation

From: Farid Hajji
Subject: Re: Hazelnut compilation
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 08:10:47 +0200 (CEST)

> I have downloaded hazelnut-rc2 source code and idl.8.3 code.
> I try to compile l4 kernel and chacmos but when i try this
> with vmware, i receive some curious errors as unkown instructions.

I didn't try it with vmware, but with Bochs + 4MB-patch. IIRC, something
had to be changed in the IRQ handling of Hazelnut, so that Bochs can
cope with it. I didn't try the latest Hazelnut code with Bochs though...

> I have tried many different configurations without success..
>
> If you have successed, please contact me and send me binaries.
> We could then put them on the l4-hurd website to help beginners
> as me...

Yes, that would be great.

BTW, someone could also write a tutorial about debugging Hazelnut
with gdb + serial ports :-))

-Farid.

--
Farid Hajji -- Unix Systems and Network Admin | Phone: +49-2131-67-555
Broicherdorfstr. 83, D-41564 Kaarst, Germany  | address@hidden