Re: L4 Hazelnut Documentation

From: Ian Duggan
Subject: Re: L4 Hazelnut Documentation
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 00:46:57 -0700

> hi, is there some doc about the plans and TODO of this project? just to
> know the planned work on l4 and on the Hurd.
> Another thing, do you know anything about the existence of a paper
> describing l4's _design_ on x86? i've found only about strongARM:

The most recent stuff is at http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/l4hurd. We
currently have lots of people with ideas and few with time to code. My new
fulltime job has sucked me away for about a month now. I'm just now sitting
back down to work on some things.

For the design on x86, the L4 microkernel API specification is probably the
best for understanding the design. It is linked to from the news section of
the L4 Hurd page. The newest version, X.2, came out fairlry recently.

--Ian