Re: L4-Hurd; compile errors, resolutions, and questions

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: L4-Hurd; compile errors, resolutions, and questions
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:09:54 +0100

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 03:47:44PM -0700, Christopher Nelson wrote:
>     I have managed to get L4-Hurd to compile, but I had to edit pretty
> much all of the Makefile's to read as in my previous e-mail.  Another
> issue I had was errno.

errno is overwritten in libc-parts.  You are still missing -I directives.
Fix your Makefile generation.

>       Also, the #include <errno.h> was including the Linux system's
> errno and not the errno included in the libc-parts.  Not sure why this
> is happening, other than it's pretty standard behavior for a C-compiler.

This is exactly your problem, the builddir top include is not the only one
you are missing.  They are all in Makefile.am, I don't know why they are not
in Makefile.  An automake problem?

>       Currently wortel says that there are some modules missing.  Not
> sure why, or what, but I'm doing everything in the README.

I think I have some code in there that loads another module or so, despite
what is in the README.  Try just duplicating the last module line in your
GRUB config or check the source what it expects there.  The last module is
not really used I think, just loaded.

http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/