Re: wortel patch: Load task server

From: Johan Rydberg
Subject: Re: wortel patch: Load task server
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:09:45 +0100

address@hidden (Niels Möller) wrote:

: Is it possible to make wortel load and start all modules in the same
: way, or are there some modules that need special treatment? If wortel
: doesn't know in advance what each module does, the module when started
: have to send a bootstrap message to wortel saying "Hi, I'm
: implementing the FOO protocol".

If I have understood Marcus' code correctly, the modules has to be listed
in a special order (defined by enum wortel_module_type in wortel.h).

When it comes to what information should be exchanged between the servers
and wortel, I think only Marcus has a rough idea.  Of course the task-
server needs a cap id for its primary container, and the physmem server
needs a cap id for its address space.  More than that I can not say.

Maybe a server should only use wortel as a proxy, sending it a message
that says "Hi, send this to the task-server" or "Here's a set of pairs,
where each pair is <server, cap-id>, please pass them along." (where server
can be identifier by the wortel_module_type enum, or similar.)

--
Johan Rydberg, Free Software Developer, Sweden
http://rtmk.sf.net | http://www.nongnu.org/guss/

Playing Boards Of Canada - Forest Moon