Hurd questions

From: José Salavert Torres
Subject: Hurd questions
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 03:51:47 +0200

> By a DOS machine! It will save your mind!!!

No man, don't surrender!

If you want to listen my opinion I don't like pistachio license.
It's not GNU/GPL, so they don't seem GNU people, so I expected something like
that.

I saw a manual, but was for the old API, that's not good.

Questions:
Why gnumach was considered deprecated?
Has Hurd different levels?
        1- A generic part which doesn't change.
        2- A different part that changes to interact with different
microkernels.
If source code it's so difficult to understand but we have the references, is
it possible to make our own L4 implementation of the L4?, with everithing
documented? Something like GNU L4.

If they don't want to cooperate, then we should make our own work.

I think documentation is the most important for GNU sotware.
Hurd page isn't actualized.  Why?
No links to diagrams there, no project goals, no functionalities, no "to do"
list.
No explanation about how to start.

It is possible to make a minimal, simple and working microkernel to run hurd
and develop/expand a generic part of hurd, and last, when improving, porting
or changing microkernel change only the microkernel and the part of hurd that
talks with it?

GNU Mach can make this jod while developing the GNU L4 implementation?
It is possible to take Pistachio understood and documented source and make it
gpl?

Should we make the hurd run on different microkernels or make especific
microkernels for the hurd? What is better?
--
José Salavert Torres

E-mail: address@hidden, address@hidden
Web: http://www.telefonica.net/web/josator