Error compiling hurd-L4 documentation (proposal)

From: José Salavert Torres
Subject: Error compiling hurd-L4 documentation (proposal)
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 14:21:06 +0200

I had problems compiling  documentation on hurd-l4/doc.
I have debian and last unstable make.
When I use make I get this error

make: *** No rule to make target `ddf_insert_event.eps', needed by
`hurd-on-l4.dvi'.  Stop.

Looking in the makefile I can get the error.

I was thinking about the posibisity to make a lyx document, that uses tools to
generate .dvi .pdf .html and make a web .dvi or .pdf with the contents.

As I wil try to make a documentation effort, and I know how to use it, I was
plannig to make documents with it, because it is a fast way and yau can
export in various formats.

As I found:

"Lyx is a word-processor which uses LaTeX as its typesetting engine. LyX runs
under the X window system. It has some really nice features. It is a great
way to use TeX for those jobs you don't do all the time, so you forget how to
TeX it. In fact, you do not need to know anything about TeX to use LyX. This
is almost completely WYSIWYG, except that LaTeX will re-format the document
for printing. The screen gives a very good approximation of the TeX
formatting. It allows visual editing of LaTeX documents, which results in not
only better-looking results the first time, but far fewer LaTeX errors than
using an editor and marking up the code yourself. I used to consider any
word-processor as an impediment to fast technical document preparation, but
LyX is the exception. With the new WYSIWYG math editor, which accepts
standard TeX code for symbols (but displays them as they will be typeset),
it's faster than using an editor. Really quite impressive."

http://www.lyx.org/

--
José Salavert Torres

E-mail: address@hidden, address@hidden