Re: Documentation generation patch

From: Tomasz Gajewski
Subject: Re: Documentation generation patch
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 07:59:11 +0200

José Salavert Torres <address@hidden> writes:

>> * someone will comment and suggest some changes
>
> Hi, what about making a lyx document?, it can be exported to tex too.

I don't see any reasons to use lyx but I see some against it.

1. Lyx is a frontend for latex so we need it anyway. All (not gui)
   functionality it has comes from latex.

2. Forcing every person to use specific gui is wrong. I don't see many
   differences if we would discuss writing docs in MS Word.

3. I think most of people interested in this project use emacs or vim
   as their editor and they are VERY happy with it. None of them will
   change it to lyx.

4. I'm not sure how good/bad lyx documents go into cvs.

I hope these points end discussion about lyx.

> maybe some organization is needed in the developement?
>
> Send opinons.
>
> I can't make testing because pistachio doesn't compiles for now in
> my powerpc.
>
> I will look into the code in the future to write docs so help me in
> documenting.

I don't know if it's because of your english or my understanding of
your english but you seem to demand something from people on this
forum. I find it a little obtrusive. Using more polite forms would
help you get answers (at least I think that). Please read some
netiquette articles.

As about organization there are some posts in the archive which list
tasks that need to be researched/designed/implemented. But I think you
should have already read archives from at least last year when writing
in such resolute fashion on this forum.

Regards
Tomasz Gajewski