Re: Hey all, I would like to help write some docs

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Hey all, I would like to help write some docs
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 01:35:00 +0200

At Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:44:58 -0400,
B. Douglas Hilton wrote:
> Well, I was able to boot it all, at least up to the point where wortel
> grumbled about some modules being missing. Then it kicked into a
> debugging mode where I could examine registers and things. When told it
> to continue it looks like it entered into some kind of loop.

You can add more dummy modules, until it is happy.  Those are all for
servers which aren't written yet :)

> It really didn't like automake 1.8 but version 1.7 seemed to do the trick.

So, if you are looking for something to patch, you could patch that.

> Pretty cool, I'll see if I can get some of the building instructions
> posted onto the wiki.

Please also send reports/patches for any obvious bugs in the README etc.

Personally, I think that documenting something that is not finalized
(in its interfaces) to be a bit premature.  But I won't stop anybody.
In fact, I even considered trying to compile and run it premature, but
good things have come out of it (some patches on the mailing list
prove that).

I hope to continue development really soon now.  The next step is to
implement a first prototype of a task server, which is not too hard at
all, now that the server part of the cap library is written.