Re: task server

From: Bas Wijnen
Subject: Re: task server
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 23:13:14 +0200

I trust the FSF very much as it is now, and don't think I will have any
problem with later versions when they are released.  However, I don't like to
sign blank contracts.  This isn't a contract of course, it's a license, but
still.  My problem is that later, when the FSF has changed, a new version may
come out which is, say, like the BSD license.  In that case, I don't want to
have all my code licensed under it just because I used the usual formulation.

Of course I do see the problem that a new version of the license would be
hindered by this.  If the FSF would somehow make official (in a legally
binding way) that any next version will always keep the software free, then I
would not have a problem with it.  However, as it is now, I don't like to
allow later versions of the license.

This is a different case though, as I plan to transfer the copyright to the
FSF anyway, which means they can just relicense it themselves when they make a
new version of the license.  Therefore I hereby license the code to my task
server under any later version than 2 of the GNU GPL (in addition to version
2), at the option of the licensee, as is suggested in the license.

Thanks,
Bas

--
I encourage sending me encrypted e-mail.
Please send the central message of e-mails as plain text in the message body,