Re: Problems compiling CVS HEAD

From: Sam Mason
Subject: Re: Problems compiling CVS HEAD
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 20:32:17 +0000

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
>Update again, I just fixed it a couple of hours ago.

OK, I waited a few hours and did a couple of updates and it was still
broken so concluded that something was missed. . .  Seems to build OK
now though!

>> Not sure what a good fix for this is, but one that comes to mind
>> is renaming the "bits" directory in "libpthread/sysdeps/[arch]/"
>> to "pthread-bits".  Not sure though as I don't really know what's
>> going on with all this stuff.
>
>The atomic.h from glibc, which I put into platform, is the one to use.
>I changed pthread to use it.

OK, the definitions in the two files did seem to mirror each other
somewhat.

>Before we know which parts end up to be in glibc, and which not, and
>what the dependencies are, these things will naturally be a bit messy
>and vague.  But at least the atomic.h in platform is from current
>glibc, and available for quite some architectures (nptl also uses it).

Interesting to know - it'll be interesting to watch the migration!

>I am right now in the process of fixing the code to not break strict
>aliasing rules (even though current gcc won't do global optimization,
>but it's better to get it right from the beginning).  After that,
>there are some changes to the task server I have not committed yet.

OK

Thanks,
  Sam