Re: Lot's of warnings when using GCC 4.0

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Lot's of warnings when using GCC 4.0
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:21:08 +0100

At Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:09:19 +0100,
Dawid Gajownik <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Can you try changing the return type to "const char *" in that file
> > (remove the second const)?
>
> Of cource I can :)

Apparently you even did ;)  Thanks for that.

Also thanks for the patch, I applied it.  If you add a ChangeLog next
time, that would be perfect!

> There are still some left:
> http://80.55.221.90/~gajownik/hurd/warnings-gcc4.txt
> but from what I've read on this list, it's nothing to worry about,
> because some parts are not yet implemented, etc.

A couple of them are interesting.  libhurd-cap is dead code,
libpthread a bit on the messy side anyway... oh well.  At some point I
guess we have to go through the code and clean it up, but I think that
this should be done when one is working on the code anyway.

I've downloaded the file in any case.  Thanks for providing it.