Re: L4-hurd discuss

From: Neil Santos
Subject: Re: L4-hurd discuss
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 01:00:03 +0800

On 19:32 25/06/05, Benno wrote:

> Right, the specific comment seemed to imply a problem with BSD licensed
> software, not BSD kernel. Or to put it another way to above comment
> doesn't mention a problem with a GNU/*BSD system due to technical
> problems with the *BSD kernels, but simply due to the fact that they are
> licensed under the BSD license. If I mistunderstood the point then I
> apologise.

Okay, this is going to mess things up a bit more, but...

I *do* have a problem with BSD-licensed software; or, rather, I have a
problem with the BSD-style licenses (and all other
free-but-not-copyleft licenses).  That is, I have a problem with using
a free-but-not-copyleft license for anything I create, but I *don't*
have a problem with using other's softwares.

I'll even help with it, if I'm able.  Or steal from it, and make the
derivative copylefted, if possible.  If you think this is not much
better (if at all) than what some proprietary developers have done
(and are doing), I won't argue. That's just the way I do things.

Like (I think) I've previously said, I'll only share if you'd share,
but I won't let anyone else share.
--
address@hidden        If we're good enough to choose our governors, doesn't
Freedom: Too high a price      that mean we're good enough to govern ourselves?