Re: Chroot and ".."

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Chroot and ".."
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 19:56:02 +0200

   I don't remember whether rmdir was present or not, but it
   definitely didn't handle recursion.

rmdir was atleast present in the 1st edition, though not as a
function, only as a program.  And indeed, it didn't handle recursion,
neither do current versions of rmdir.  rm did handle recurusion though
using the -r switch.

   Any takers on "dvd"?

I think it might have been a local command on the systems that you
used, not something that was distributed with UNIX, or maybe you're
confusing something with RSX11.  But I have no clue in either case.