Class audio now online

From: Jonathan S. Shapiro
Subject: Class audio now online
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:11:07 -0400

I'm only putting this up because Marcus seemed to express a masochistic
interest in them.

Audio for my microkernel class lectures from the last 3 weeks are now
online. These definitely need some post-production engineering, but they
are good enough to listen to if anybody cares. My lecturing style is
something of a random walk; it may or may not be interesting to you
depending on what style works for you. There are many opportunities to
embarrass me from these lectures, and you might enjoy them for that in
addition to any alleged technical merit they may or may not have.

If you *do* wish to follow along remotely, I have now automated the
audio conversion process, so future class audio should go up much more
promptly. It took some trial and error.

Topics of discussion are *not* limited to EROS or Coyotos.

The lecture from 9-28 opens with a long digression on the history and
perils of US export control policy in regard to secure operating
systems, and the subsequent decline of US capability in this area. If
you aren't familiar with that, it's a sad story.