Re: Permission to edit

From: Bas Wijnen
Subject: Re: Permission to edit
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:55:35 +0200

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 01:16:46PM -0400, Jonathan Shapiro wrote:
> Many elements of the current discussion could be usefully edited into linear
> document(s) that others might read. May I have permission to do so? I
> suppose this needs to be asked of each of you individually.
>
> Credit, of course, will be preserved.

This sounds like a good idea.  I consider anything I write on public
mailinglists to be public, and I don't think I should have the authority to
tell people what they can or can't do with statements made in public.

But in case I have it anyway, everyone has my permission to use my
contributions on public lists for whatever they like, as long as I get credit
where this is reasonably appropriate.  I make an exception for source code,
which I license under the GNU GPL, version 2 or later (unless stated
otherwise).  This exception is not relevant in this case, of course. :-)

Thanks,
Bas