Re: who pages the pager?

From: ness
Subject: Re: who pages the pager?
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 16:29:56 +0200

Jonathan S. Shapiro wrote:
On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 16:23 +0100, Neal H. Walfield wrote:

Good question.  If the pager is not wired then it needs some support
from an external task which is able to page the pager's code and data.
This task may or may not be wired, however, eventually, somewhere up
the paging hierarchy, something needs to be wired.

The next question would be: what does this mechanism look like?  I
don't yet have a good idea.

I can answer this for EROS/Coyotos, but I think that Espen is better
able to answer it for L4, and I'm not clear which system ness is asking
about.

hm... I don't know my self. Maybye both answers are interesting.

-ness-