Re: A comment about changing kernels

From: Jonathan S. Shapiro
Subject: Re: A comment about changing kernels
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 12:58:02 -0500

Espen:

Thank you for your clarification, and also for so clearly identifying
the real source of your frustration.

I think that perhaps it is better done privately, but I would welcome
any suggestions you might have on how to express myself more effective.
Others are welcome to make suggestions as well.

Part of the problem is that the effect is magnified by email.

Before offering suggestions, I might ask that you first read my comments
on the process of science in a previous note this morning. It is
possible that the root of our difficulty lies in a difference of
principles about how science is to be pursued. These too are (in my
view) subject to revision and improvement.