Device Driver Framework (attached thesis proposal)

From: William Grim
Subject: Device Driver Framework (attached thesis proposal)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:21:45 -0800

Hello, group.

I've been wanting to create a device driver framework for Hurd-L4 for
quite some time.  I understand Hurd-L4 is considering Coyotos, but that
should not greatly affect the DDF code from my perspective.

To keep from being too wordy here, since I already have enough words in
a thesis proposal for you to read, I won't talk much more.  However, I
was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to review my proposal (that
is very near the final edition of the proposal) and see if they notice
something I missed or think it's a good idea?

I admit that my proposal still has some inconsistencies in it and is
not completely finished, but I hope it will be enough to get the point
across to the readers in the meantime.

Thanks in advance; I've spent the last several months working on it
alongside my other work and course work.

--
William M. Grim
Computer Science Master's Student, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville