Re: SSH revised

From: Tom Bachmann
Subject: Re: SSH revised
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 16:54:33 +0200

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
I see.  That's certainly interesting, and I would like to see it
happen at some time.  But one nice things about the internet is that
it allows heterogenous interoperation, ie, the two systems don't need
to run the same operating system.  Of course, you could still achieve
that by having a program on the alien system that emulates
capabilities.

Right, good point.

But that would require at least to install a program,
which may already be too much of a requirement.

You have to install openssh (or similar) if you want ssh. Though this is more likely already installed.

In light of this, I guess
my main point is that SSH and transparent remote object access are
solutions to different problems, and I don't think it would be
entirely fair to either to say that one of them is the way it ought to
be.

Agreed.
--
-ness-