Re: SSH revised

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: SSH revised
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:49:34 +0200

At Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:19:15 +0200,
Bas Wijnen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Are you watching movies within the login manager?  I would really suggest to
> not make that thing any more complicated than necessary, and including a movie
> player seems like a significant complication. ;-)

If you use a graphical border to indicate system state, you must never
release this screen space for other uses.  Otherwise a malicious user
could just display a green border and lure people into entering the
password.

If your response is that the user is required to press the terminal
reset escape sequence, then the border color seems to serve no purpose.