Re: Reliability of RPC services

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: Reliability of RPC services
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 17:18:12 +0200

Scribit Bas Wijnen dies 23/04/2006 hora 00:31:
> > > Can you elaborate why you think that dynamic storage allocation is
> > > required?
> > You stated that "simply dropping the capability [does not remove the
> > obligation]". In order to satisfy this requirement, the kernel must
> > keep track of every reply capability that a service ever receives.
> This can be done in the capability structure itself, which is paid for
> by the owner, not by the object or the kernel.

That depends on how the capabilities are implemented. I didn't read how
Coyotos, L4.sec and L4ng do, but if the kernel allocates space when a
capability is created, and only keeps references of it when it is passed
between subjects, then the capability structure can't contain that

Nowhere man
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A