Re: Performance (was: Re: Is there any benchmark of coyotos vs. l4?)

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Performance (was: Re: Is there any benchmark of coyotos vs. l4?)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 20:25:47 +0200

At Sun, 23 Apr 2006 00:46:41 +0200,
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Nice to see others expressing similar opinions -- especially as some
> persons here claim that the prospect of achieving Linux-like performance
> is an absolute must for further development to be justified, as most
> people -- they claim -- won't accept anything slower, regardless of
> additional features.

Actually, the performance of Linux is not adequate.  It does not scale
well over multiple MPs, and quality of service is insufficient.

I am not saying that we must do better in every regard than any other
system.  However, we should be able to do better in at least one
regard than most other systems.  That's not as simple as it sounds.