Re: Reliability of RPC services

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: Reliability of RPC services
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 18:58:20 +0200

Scribit Jonathan S. Shapiro dies 25/04/2006 hora 12:29:
> > To sever the FCRB, you just have to invoke the destroy method,
> > AFAIK.
> You do not even need to do that. If you have used the reply capability
> protocol as intended, all you need to do is increment the protected
> payload that is stored inside the FCRB.

But it has two drawbacks:

- checking that the capability is still usable seems to me to be much
  complicated, if possible at all
- IIUC, this check would need to page in the FCRB, which is bad

With the severing option, the check is lightweight and can be done while
the FCRB remain paged out, if it has been.

Easily,
Nowhere man
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A