Re: Virtualization and constructor (was Re: Part 2: System Structure)

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: Virtualization and constructor (was Re: Part 2: System Structure)
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 00:06:50 +0200

Scribit Marcus Brinkmann dies 17/05/2006 hora 22:41:
> As far as I understood your proposal, the disclose flag needed to be
> set voluntarily by the creator of the constructor.

Indeed. That is, if the administrator doesn't want something to be
virtualizable, it won't. That just gives the ability to enforce some
policies.

> That does not satisfy my concerns.

Why? Everything that should be virtualizable will. In the competition
use case, that would be totally nonsense to allow virtualization. That
would totally defeat the very purpose of the high score protection.

Virutalization would only be allowed on a case-by-case, to trusted
subjects.

And each non-sensitive capability could be virutalized. That is, every
one that would not be given in a opaque way by the constructor (user's
configuration, display or sound access, etc.).

Quickly,
Nowhere man
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A