Re: Part 2: System Structure

From: Jonathan S. Shapiro
Subject: Re: Part 2: System Structure
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 13:51:17 -0400

On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 12:17 +0200, Pierre THIERRY wrote:
> Scribit Jonathan S. Shapiro dies 18/05/2006 hora 00:17:
> > Actually, I don't think there is any negative impact on EWS. EWS is a
> > primordial service that runs from system storage.
>
> But an EWS session should be opaque to it's parent. So if a graphical
> child is in a completely transparent storage, it's parent can use it's
> EWS capability to change it's session, can't it?

I'm sorry, but I'm completely confused about your question. I do not
understand who is the parent, who is the child, and who is EWS.

Whether an EWS session should be opaque to its parent depends on the
parent, and this goal appears to be in conflict with Marcus's rule that
the storage supplier can always read.