HURD : A restatement

From: Guillaume FORTAINE
Subject: HURD : A restatement
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 00:04:59 +0200

Hello Mr Walfield,

Here are very interesting links :

http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/research/mercury/information/related.html

http://maude.cs.uiuc.edu/tools/scc/

http://www.verisoft.de/.rsrc/PublikationSeite/PaulVSTTE05-final.pdf

I believe that the *main* problem for HURD will not be the design or something else. It would be the adhesion of a large community to a well-defined language. It's clear that the best option would be to get rid of C ... :-).

http://tunes.org/Tunes-FAQ.html#toc2.3

Here is my point of view Language ( Mix of Mercury/Clean/Bitc ???) => Kernel ( coyotos )=> OS ( compiler : Bitc ( verified compiler )?, replacement of glibc, device driver framework : http://symbolx.org/ddf.html ).

As the L4 kernel has no more leader, and the community doesn't seem to be very reactive, the only suitable alternative is the coyotos project.

A good start point is the HOuse project :

HOuse : http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~hallgren/House/

Best Regards,

              Guillaume FORTAINE