Re: Potential use case for opaque space bank: domain factored network st

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: Potential use case for opaque space bank: domain factored network stack
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 21:21:24 +0100

Scribit Marcus Brinkmann dies 06/01/2007 hora 20:26:
> The principle is user's control over their resources, or short "user
> freedom".

Well, with respect to classical law, in your scenario the user has less
freedom and control over it's own resources, because you give him the
/usus/, the right to use it, but you refuse him the right to give
exclusive /usus/ to someone else.

That's a basic freedom in real life, and it's pretty useful in some very
interesting schemes in OS implementation.

> In the total dominance case, the relationship of control over the
> resources remains the same before and after the operation.  In the
> peer case, it is altered, that's a threat scenario for me.

It's not really altered, because the originating peer keeps the
/abusus/, which gives him the ability to get back to the exact state of
control it was before.

Freely,
Pierre
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A