Viengoos

From: Michal Suchanek
Subject: Viengoos
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 02:14:22 +0200

2009/9/23  <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 11:18:07AM +0200, Michal Suchanek wrote:
>
>> For the kernel to be interesting for me I would want to see something
>> different from the other kernels available. The resource management
>> was supposed to be such thing.
>
> If resource management is something interesting for you, I wonder why
> you don't seem to show any interest in Viengoos?...

That's because I could not find any information about it.

The paper about resource management is quite interesting. It seems
that the described techniques of adaptive resource scheduling could be
useful for a desktop system.

Reading the Developer Reference Guide ( dated 15 Dec 2008, incomplete)
it seems that Neal is concerned with virtualization quite a bit but it
does not work well in the design described in said reference.

I'm not sure how the system evolved since then but it would seem that
this one thing is easier in Coyotos because there is no way to tell
who implements a capability there. Capability invocation is the same
regardless of the source.

Thanks

Michal