Re: licensing

From: olafBuddenhagen
Subject: Re: licensing
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 20:05:46 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 08:37:13PM -0400, steve paesani wrote:

> I am looking for the licenses/licensing or links to the
> licenseslicensing of the Hurd, the Viengoos microkernel and the
> Coyotos microkernel.

The Hurd itself is GPLv2 or later, except for the pieces imported from
Linux (mostly the TCP/IP stack), which are v2 only. GNU Mach is a
conglomerate of various licenses -- mostly BSD-like, except for the
Linux drivers.

Coyotos is GPL, but I don't know about versions.

I'm don't really know licensing of Viengoos, but I'm pretty sure it's
GPL too -- most likely GPLv2 or later; or perhaps v3 or later.

If you need more detailed information, you'll probably have to check the
sources trees...

-antrik-