ladcca-devel

Re: [ladcca] Warnings with include of list.h

From: Bob Ham
Subject: Re: [ladcca] Warnings with include of list.h
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 23:48:09 +0000

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 22:41, Josh Green wrote:
> I'm currently the maintainer for FluidSynth (http://www.fluidsynth.org)
> and I was noticing that building with ladcca 0.4 causes some warnings to
> be emitted.

Did you apply the fluidsynth patch in the patches/ directory?

> /usr/local/include/ladcca-1.0/ladcca/list.h:291: warning: inlining
> failed in call to `cca_list_sort'
> /usr/local/include/ladcca-1.0/ladcca/list.h:314: warning: called from
> here
> /usr/local/include/ladcca-1.0/ladcca/list.h:291: warning: inlining
> failed in call to `cca_list_sort'
> /usr/local/include/ladcca-1.0/ladcca/list.h:314: warning: called from
> here

I've never had this before.  It'd imagine it would be optimiser- or
compiler-build specific.  What version/arch of gcc?  What CFLAGS were
used in the ladcca compile?  It's not anything to worry about, but if
there are consistent warnings, something should probably be done about
it.

> Also, I have a question about the removal of CCA_Use_Jack/Alsa
> constants. Is it sufficient to just remove these? Does this break
> backwards compatibility, in other words if someone has LADCCA 0.3 will
> it still work with this change?

CCA_Use_{Jack,Alsa} don't exist in 0.4.0, so it shouldn't compile.
They'll only work with 0.3.

>  Or should we now require 0.4 with FluidSynth?

You should require 0.4.0.

Cheers,

Bob

--
Bob Ham <address@hidden>

"At some point, keystroke recorders got installed on several machines at
Valve. Our speculation is that these were done via a buffer overflow in
Outlook's preview pane." -- Gabe Newell on the Half-Life 2 source leak