libc-maintainers

Blocking Yury Norov from libc-alpha

From: Joseph Myers
Subject: Blocking Yury Norov from libc-alpha
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 13:21:41 +0000

Yury Norov is persistently wasting glibc developers' time by posting
low-quality patches that ignore feedback on previous versions and with
misleading claims of testing that do not actually mean testing with the
glibc testsuite with no failures caused by the patch.  The most recent
example was <https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2016-10/msg00329.html>,
with a claim of testing when as Andreas noted the patch doesn't even
build, but there have been plenty of previous examples.

I propose that either now, or if there are any future such submissions
with misleading claims of testing or quietly ignoring previous feedback,
we ask overseers to block Yury Norov from posting to libc-alpha for a
month, with increased length of block if the problems continue after that.
(Also, personally, I don't intend to do any detailed review of any of his
patches until after glibc 2.26 is out at least.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
address@hidden