Re: [Libcdio-devel] Re: comments and questions

From: Robert William Fuller
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Re: comments and questions
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:46:55 -0500

R. Bernstein wrote:
Peter Creath writes:
 > On Dec 10, 2007 4:45 AM, R. Bernstein <address@hidden> wrote:
 > > In your situation, it sounds like you are writing DTS-encoded
 > > information using Redbook formatting. I don't doubt for what you are
 > > doing this is convenient for you. But I'm not sure this is common
 > > practice, either. If there some document you can point to that
 > > indicates this common practice or is part of some standard, that would
 > > make a more compelling case for change.
> > See, e.g., <http://www.dtsonline.com/shopping/catalogue/music_detail.php?upc=710215442426>.
 >  Before SACD and DVD-Audio made serious inroads, DTS was producing DTS
 > CDs.

Ok. I guess then many discs don't have a gap lead-in. So the question
then is what to do? Perhaps an option inside the cdio object to
disable the 2 second CDDA lead-in?

Hi again!

It turns out the library is correct. I managed to read and decode the Q sub-channel. All of the absolute addresses in the Q sub-channel are +2 minutes for the lead-in. There is no need for an option.

Cue sheets just happen to be a special case. When you create a cue sheet, you subtract the 2 minutes because you don't generally save the lead-in when you rip a CD.

I have another question I'll introduce in another thread.

Thank you.

Regards,

Rob