[Libcdio-devel] Compilation problems; test case

From: Leon Merten Lohse
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] Compilation problems; test case
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 18:55:54 +0100

Hi everybody,

Congratulations on the release. I have a few comments and
questions, though.

1: the latest libcdio from git does not compile on this machine,
running GNU/Linux, unless I touch doc/version.texi, src/cd-drive.1,
src/cd-info.1, src/cd-read.1, src/iso-info.1 and src/iso-read.1.
I guess that is a known problem?

2: While looking through my cd-text patches I remembered, that you,
Rocky, once asked me to include a test case. Back then I did not know how to
provide cd-text data without a physical disc. Now I do but I regard it
as unpractical to code a test case from scratch... is there some kind of
a guideline or a code skeleton to use?

3: I would like to address this bug again, since it was not fixed for
the release. http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?33636
Honestly, I would like to help here, but my knowledge of other operating
systems is very limited. All that is needed is a function to get the
dirname of one path and append another path in a portable way.

Kind regards
Leon